Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Season of Bloggyness

I'm going back up north to do more tree surveying, this time for an entity that will remain unnamed! Said entity promises that I will be in lots of areas in the province, and while they didn't promise I would have a fun time and learn a lot - I'm pretty sure that's what I'm in for!

I will be taking zillions of pictures and running around in the bush all summer, yet again. I still have the same smile on my face that I had since I was hired, last week. I was offered the job on the same day that I was flying home to surprise my brother for his (early) birthday. I jumped out of a closet - he was semi-clueless about it all!

I start work in May, and end either in August, or I may be offered extensions I am told. I'm undecided about what I should do. Balancing a year of school and a really great job opportunity will take some thinking time.

Oh and updating all about that other stuff - I may have lied! School and my attempt at social life/getting out of the city a lot has left little time for blog posts! I have been updating my portfolio for my professional development course, and hadn't done many of the things I wanted too. Remember when you were a student? Know someone that is/was? Likely this is the also the story of their life, too!

Other personal updates -

I'm moving out of my little apartment, and in with some stellar roommates.
I'm super pumped about canoe/fish/camp/hiking season.
One of my contracts is ending - I was/am lucky enough to work with amazing folks, and would be lucky if I could always work with people of that caliber!

The summertime promises a lot of down time and free high speed wireless - lots of music downloads and blog posts inbetween exploring whereever I end up in Manitoba.

As many great adventures I had this winter...I'm glad to say goodbye to it and look forward to a great summertime (the icefishing - breakfast in bed!!)

No comments: