Friday, October 31, 2008

For All the Spies

I haven't forgotten about this blog, and my passion to document is still here. Some incredible life changes have taken place, and the many experiences I have been having are so numerous that it's hard to eve keep up with them.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

I am no longer enrolled in a BSc. Physical Geography, and am now back in the degree program that I originally came here to do/finish a Bachelor of Environmental Studies. Sounds a little broad? I'll try to narrow it down! My focus is Conservation and Biodiversity. In the end, I will be hired (fingers crossed) to do work managing natural resources. Wildlife, plants or whatever else I can get my hands on. This change means I finish sooner. Which means a job sooner.

Oh, a job. So if you know me personally, you know that my summer position is over. I've been hired back working on the same project. Just doing some data analysis and dendrochronology. Yeah big words.

Oh, another job. I was hired on by the province doing some work with resource management! Without too much detail here, I'm excited. Real excited about this one. :)

I am now in a gigantic and beautiful old apartment building downtown Winnipeg. It's actually not far from the old place, but the feel is much different. It's quieter at night and is really much cozier (read: smaller) but I'm really diggin it. Old wood trim, brick, huge windows, high ceilings....would be better if it was a house in the middle of nowhere, but I have plenty of time for that, right? Yeah. Right. Still looking at land to purchace between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg (ish). Got a lead? Email me!

Also, I have learnt how to juggle better. Some background: My Papa told me that if I learn how to juggle, he will teach me how to weld. When I was...18 or so and deciding on college, I wanted to learn how to do underwater welding. My Parents = Unimpressed. So, I have always wanted to learn how to weld. In an attempt to get me to learn how to juggle, my Papa dangled the "I will teach you how to weld" carrot in front of my curious nose...and I've been running at it this whole time.

On an extremly personal note - I'm back at the gym in full force. I had been excersising and keeping in some sort of shape the summer through, but not in a regular way. I'm still keeping up with the running, but have now integrated a better strength-training workout into my life. I've also changed the way I eat quite a bit to allow for a high protien and high fibre diet. I'm flyin. My body feels incredible. I'm probably in the best shape of my life at the moment. Sure, I've weighed less than I do now, but I have more muscle mass, more endurace and more energy than I have had all my life. If you want to get on my program, I'll tell you my secrets! 1. Eat well 2. Excersise. It's actually that simple.

ALRIGHT. Enough excuses. Here's a list of upcoming adventures that I will be documenting:

Narcisse
Fishing
Hunting
Hazelwood Lake Conservation Area
Oak Hammock Marsh
Delta Marsh
Fitness Levels (anyone even want to read about that?)
Nutrition (really, it's faciniating to me, but you wanna hear about it?)
Manitoba Moose Hockey
Shotguns
Sibley (Sleeping Giant National Park)
Juggling
Welding

No comments: