Monday, June 30, 2008

Solar Energy

This is a picture of a solar shower at North Steeprock Lake, in the central part of Manitoba.

I showered here for about two weeks. At first the water was cold, than, it was hot. Hot to the point of my skin being that nice pink/red hue after a nice, long, hot shower. This water is taken directly from the lake, and I forgot to ask where the grey water goes.

Anyhow, we got two hot looong showers a day from it. I'm sure that we could have had more as well. I know we are all only supposed to take the five minute shower to save the world, but when you work in the bush and are using lake water anyways, it's all good. Need that shower. Like you have no idea. Unless you tree planted...than you know.

So how much hot water do you really need? How much hot water do you use?

Living in the bush I don't use any. Just the solar shower at North Steeprock...but I don't live there anymore. We are camping out of another park, where there is a resort. There are showers at the resort that cost two dollars for two minutes. Which means that my 'showers' are a soap-less dip in the lake.

I refuse to pay to shower.

Isn't that interesting? If you had to put change in your taps everytime you used water, would it make you use less? Even if it was the same as your usual water bill?




No comments: