Friday, May 29, 2009

Fiddleheads

Had a Morel and Fiddlehead stirfry tonight for dinner. Took some photos of "the office" and took a nice walk around Swan River and contemplated life a little. Well, ok...a lot!

Talked to my mom today and she always has this amazing mom-way of putting things into perspective and making the world seem alright. Having my family close to me is really become more and more important as days go by. Moving to Manitoba in part to be closer to family was one of my top life decisions. I never realised how amazing these people that I am lucky enough to be related to actually are until I started to get to know them as adults.

Been tossing around the idea of going somewhere this September. I'm thinking either BC, or driving down to Yellowstone Park in Wyoming. I've always wanted to go to Yellowstone, although the drive would mean that I should ask someone to come with me. British Columbia is amazing, I would fly and more than likely go alone. As I have been to BC a few times and know places that I would like to go.

Vacationing alone has always been a favorite thing for me to do. I love the journey, the destination, and coming home a slightly different person. Getting out of my element and getting to know myself better in an unfamiliar environment has been a favorite personal challenge so far in my short life. I'm fairly certain it will be BC, as I'm feeling that hankering for alone time thing coming on.

Acutally. I might just wait for a seat sale. Alaska would be wonderful.

Speaking of possible get-aways. For my birthday, I have planned to hike the Mantario Trail in the Whiteshell Provincial Park here in MB. I have put it out there that I am going to do this on my birthday to several folks, but I may end up doing it alone. I think both ways would be an amazing and satisfying experience for me. Although mom has a few loving words to say about me doing it alone like "don't do it alone" ;) Hehehe!!!





No comments: